Sausage Factory at the Dog House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I am humbly presenting myself for scrutiny here..but my fancy grinder do not forcefully expell meat when you want to grind it twice. Now you want to drop down some butt chunks it gobbles it up and spits it out..but say if you want to double grind on the same plate size..about the only forceful outward action must be the hand in charge of the stomper and whut do manage to come out looks like Gerber baby food. Now this old feller and Hobart parts guy from Joisey and currently in Oregon say I got sloppy tolerances on my made in China auger. Is this the problem? If it aint whut is? Whut is the cure? I want to eventually learn how to stuff with this crazy thing. My current plan is grind it up once on a 1/2 in plate then move down to the middle plate for the grind stuff. This is how the yankee say to do it. Do yall reckon this might work. Thanks. I already bought the 1/2 plate if this might how some impact on the decision making process. Thanks. I dont think he had a spacer plate for it or else he did not know whut it was.

bigwheel

Now I don't have one of those fancy electric grinders (wish I had one), just an old Porkert. No problem doing the double grind on course, but if I use the fine plate, darn thing will clog up before I get 1/2 pound ground and it looks like mushed nightcrawlers. And this on the first grind. Go figure.

I'm thinking that going from a 1/2 in to a smaller plate might help some....it might be the sloppy tolerance or it might be that the kitchen Aid grinder you are using is underpowered for grinding twice....does it sound like the motor is bogging down? Or it might be that the meat is getting warm after the first grind? Wish I could be more help....

Well prob the cornfusion arises cuz one Christimas when I axed Santa for a near commercial type grinder (even tole her to buy it at Allied Kenco and described it down to the 800 buck price tag..TorRey model or similar) when some slick talking handsome salesman at Service Merchandise convince her the KA Mixer the answer to all of lifes problemos. Sausage for me Mereingue for her blah blah. Aint nothing on it never worked right cept the mereingue part. I used it for a while then give it away. The sausage making part and all the other attachments that didnt work I mean. Not the mereingue making apparatus. I still have to drag it down at the holidays to make a few pies. Whew..that thang weighs a ton.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom