New Stuffer Works

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forkin Pork

Senior Cook
O boy! ... O boy! ... O boy!
Tomorrow is finally here!
Last Thursday I ordered that 15 lb sausage stuffer from Northern Tool and I've been tracking it's delivery over the internet from UPS.
UPS has it scheduled for delivery tomorrow. [smilie=a_bravo.gif]
Witt ... my man! Get out that recipe book for sausage, we got work to do! [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

I'm wearing out the rug waitin for this baby! Not here yet! [smilie=a_peek.gif]

Can't wait to start taken some pictures and start an album. You know baby's first day home, baby's first bath, birthday parties and all. [smilie=a_partyguy.gif]

Sausage stuffer Arrives

It's here! ... It's here! [smilie=a_yumdumdoodledum.gif]
Witt, you were right! This baby is beautiful! [smilie=bowdown.gif]
Well got to go ... it needs a coat of wax!

Hmmm...you sure it needs waxing. I aint never heard of that manuver on a stuffer. Course I dont claim to know everything...just most thangs:) Witt undoubtably know about this deal. It be sorta like going to meet the Wizzard.

bigwheel

Sure a nice fine coat of wax ... why not?
I'll tell ya one thing though ... don't sleep very good last night. Everytime I rolled over the crank handle would poke me in the back or my ribs. [smilie=a_huh.gif]

Northsmoke said:
Sure a nice fine coat of wax ... why not?
I'll tell ya one thing though ... don't sleep very good last night. Everytime I rolled over the crank handle would poke me in the back or my ribs. [smilie=a_huh.gif]

There are worse places to be poked. :LOL:

john pen said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":2y3hm3ol]and where are the PICS?

no pics = no stuffer !!! [smilie=a_whyme.gif] :roll:[/quote:2y3hm3ol]
True dat 8)

FINALLY!
I had a change to push out some sausage in my new stuffer.
The machine worked excellent and the tip someone gave in here about soaking the casing in vinagar really worked well too. [smilie=thanks.gif]

Does anyone buy nice clean casing, without all those vains and stuff. I mean the sausage you buy in the store has a nice smooth clean look to it.

Any advice?

FROM: New Sausage King.........sorry Witt! [smilie=laughb.gif]

Yah, I was thinkin on trying brother those idea.
Now those syntetic casings, they not edible are they, no wait, I thinkin yes you can eat them,
O what the fuck,,,,,what should I buy to mske my smoked keilbasi.

Try collogen cases young man..collogen. Works best with a straight shouldered stuffing tube. Excellent for portion control because the diameter is consisent. Fairly hard to tell the finished product from natural casings as far as the bite and such things. Dont overfill because they are sorta hard to twist into links if you get them overfilled. Have been very pleased the few times I have used them.

bigwheel

Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna switch to collogen casings. If that's what they use in those freshly made store bought ones, then they should work out great.
And I'll take pictures the next time Puff!
I think I'll be making Kielbasi....at least 30 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom