New fatty idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Ever hear of a "Scotch Egg"? It's a hard boild egg wrapped in sausage then fried or baked in the oven. However, I was thinking about doing one and smoking it. Anyone ever do one?

Scotch Eggs

(4 servings)

1 pound bulk pork sausage
1 tablespoon fresh parsley -- chopped
1 tablespoon grated onion
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 hard-cooked eggs -- shelled
1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
Combine sausage, parsley, onion, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Divide sausage mixture into 4 portions; shape into patties. Place one egg atop each patty, shaping the sausage mixture around egg till completely covered. Roll each sausage-covered egg in breadcrumbs. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

I ate three of them this past weekend up north. One of the guys who comes up brings a bunch up with him every year. It has all the major food groups in one small neat little package. Couple of those makes a damn good breakfast!!!!

I remember that cold day in Scotland when I invented that.
I'm half Irish and half Scot...that means I like to drink but
I don't like to pay for it.

Captain Morgan said:
I remember that cold day in Scotland when I invented that.
I'm half Irish and half Scot...that means I like to drink but
I don't like to pay for it.

Lemme guess, the More sausage you eat, helps make up for your little organ.

Griff said:
Wooooah, that does look like it would be tasty for breakfast.

Griff

One of the guy's son was up for the first time and he just graduated from a culinary program here and he made brioche and we put the scotch eggs between sliced brioche....talk about heart attack on a plate. BUT, you add a little hot sauce and that counteracts all that butter and eggs. :LOL: :shock: :( :LOL: :shock: :( :LOL: :shock: :(

Now that sounds like a winner...I've done the armidillo eggs need to think about the scotch eggs..sounds good..

Well, I tried them in the oven first. Figure I'll take them to snack on while waiting on the turkey at Moms. Here are the pics.

I've heard of them and seen them and they look and sound very very good. I'm gonna have to try those........Bill bring me one of those up and I'll give you a beer for your troubles. Good job!

They tasted fantastic. I think that the smoking will do a better job on them. I just cut them up and served as an appitizers. Everyone loved them.

Armidilo egg is when you cut the top off a jap and then pipe in a cream chesse mixture with a little yellow food coloring and then form an egg shape around the pepper with sausage....dust with your favorite rub and smoke like a fattie....I did them once I'll look for the pics...the scotch eggs are real good as well..
These were Italian Armidallo eggs I added some sundried tmaters to the filling...
http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eggszp1.jpg
Here is a pic of the smoked scotch eggs
http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010005va5.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom