Need some sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Well I needed some Italian sausage for a stuffed loin of pork I'm doing tomorrow for a potluck dinner. I decided to make my own. Then I said if I'm gonna bring out all the tools, I might as well make a whole batch. Well I ended up making 5 lbs. each of Italian, potato, roasted garlic and bratwurst. Here's a couple pics of the potato that we had for dinner tonight. I'll post the finished pics of the others tomorrow when I get them ready for the freezer.

A couple of them

Start with one sliced

Some mushrooms and honey mustard

Nick those look great!
Italian sausage is next on my list. Maybe the potato too :D

wittdog said:
From what I can see...2 links not working..looks good...now you need to post the recipes.

I saw them last night. I refreshed the page this morning and 2 of the three showed up. I think it may be the picture hosting site having problems. They were also on the hosting site when I clicked on the thumbnail.

Here's the pics of the Roasted garlic and the Bratwurst. The Italian I didn't pack into casings. I used 1/2 for a stuffed loin of pork, the other 1/2 I'm saving in bags in the freezer for fatties!

Roasted Garlic Bratwurst

Looks awesome Nick!
I'll bet those fatties will turn out great using your own ground meat.

cleglue said:
Nick,

What kind of casing did you used?

I used collagen this time because this was a spur of the moment thought and I had no time to prep hog casings. The collagen won't hold a knot or twisting, you have to tie each link with a piece of twine. Wasn't a problem, just a little more time consuming.

Nick Prochilo said:
cleglue said:
Nick,

What kind of casing did you used?

I used collagen this time because this was a spur of the moment thought and I had no time to prep hog casings. The collagen won't hold a knot or twisting, you have to tie each link with a piece of twine. Wasn't a problem, just a little more time consuming.
Nick
Is collagen a man made product?
Did you use butchers twine?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom