More Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I'm headed off to BJ's today to pick up another case of Butts...I don't have much of the last batch of sausage left....going to be a busy weekend...I have the ham to smoke and a ton of sausage to make.....
Today I'm going to debone the butts and chunk them...tomarrow grind them and Sat put them in the casings and smoke them.....

wittdog said:
I'm headed off to BJ's today to pick up another case of Butts...I don't have much of the last batch of sausage left....going to be a busy weekend...I have the ham to smoke and a ton of sausage to make.....
Today I'm going to debone the butts and chunk them...tomarrow grind them and Sat put them in the casings and smoke them.....

Dave if there's ever a chance you're moving to Virginia, please let me know and I'll kill my neighbors so you can move next to me!!

Mostly Polish....Grandpas Fresh, some smoked...and depending on how much meat I have left over.....I might pull a recipe out of the new sausage book my SS sent me.

Another case of butts waiting to be made into sausage…75lbs at $1.00lb much mo cheaper to buy it by the case…

Took me about 2hrs to debone and chunck the butts....ended up with 58 1/2lbs of meat...my mom want's 20lbs of fresh...I need to make some fresh and some smoked...what do you guys think that the break down should be?..I also would like to make a small batch of something else...

Tell you something which is a big hit at my house is Ring Baloney. I will post the recipe over in the recipe section if I happen to be able to find it.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Tell you something which is a big hit at my house is Ring Baloney. I will post the recipe over in the recipe section if I happen to be able to find it.

bigwheel

My wifes family loves ring balony..awaiting the recipe.....

Just put it up. Hope you give it a try. My old sausage making..chili and bbq cooking pal Tim Adams (who is currently laid up in ICU after a real bad Motorcycle wreck) claim it the best recipe in our inventory.

bigwheel

Meat is ground...Link your welcome up in my neck of the woods anytime..
This sausage cook is dedicated to my Grandparents who started me on the road to making sausage…

My grandfathers fresh polish sausage recipe calls for the meat to be hand cut into small chunks…do to time constraints…I had to do something different…I used the spacer for the funnel as the “grinding plateâ€

Two hours later and the 53 lbs of sausage is in the casings and some is in the smokehouse…
Grandpa Jumbos fresh Polish Sausage

A little closer look

The fresh that I ran thru the grinder with the spacer

Into the smokehouse…I’ll try to take some pics during the smoking process so you can see the color change like the ham….I’ve got 15lbs of sausage in the smoker…they say it has a 20lb capacity but I’ve found that 15lbs is the best amount to include..

Back
Top Bottom