Meat Slicer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleglue

Head Chef
I've been thinking about buying a meat slicer. Does anyone have a suggestion? I would like to spend only about $100.00. If I have to spend more maybe I would. I see that the Sausage Maker has one at 99.99 then one at 159.99. I would really like to get a 25.00 deal like wittdog.

There was another company that someone suggested or bought a stuffer from...does anyone remember that company? Not Northern Tools.

Thanks in advance.

Kloset BBQR said:
I got this one from Amazon and highly recommend it. Don't go cheap on a meat slicer. I'd rather spend $100 on a very good knife than on a cheap slicer. If you get the Amazon credit card you can knock another $30 off the price and you get free shipping too!

http://www.amazon.com/Chefs-Choice-662- ... ome-garden

I agree with Dallas. My wife bought me THIS ONE for Christmas last year, I think she paid like $70 for it. It works fine, but it's a pain in the ass because it's so light weight and flimsy. Does it get the job done? Yes Do I say I'm going throw it into a wall everytime I use it? Yes!

wboggs said:
I will say the one I have experienced (Chefs Choice) I would never say I wanted to throw it against the wall. It's a great "for home" slicer. Now if I were a food professional and slicing all the time; I wold definitely upgrade. I suggest the one from Sausage Maker mostly because if my experience with them with my meat grinder I got for 100.00. best dang grinder/ stuffer for the money I've ever seen. Based on that and the appearance and specifications of their slicer; for home use I think it's a great investment.

For 400.00 I can buy a real live professional deli slicer; it's just not worth it for home use to me.

Then you have more patience than I do!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom