I have a Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Missing Link

Sous Chef
I would like to start making my on sausage. I would like to know if there a good book to start with and than go from there. I have look at the on from www.sausagemaker.com and the one from www.lemproducts.com. and is it good to use a sausage kit are to go from making your on spice? and is it worth buying a video?

Thanks,
Missing Link.

Send me only 20 bucks and I will show you how to do it. Much cheaper than all them books videos etc. It is meatloaf stuffed in a gut. It aint complicated. To save money you could prob even read the directions which is gonna come with your new meat grinder. Yeah..try that. Now I would not buy no kits or books. If all else fails I will send you over to old pal Len Poli's website. He take you from the ground up with pitchers for free. Now he can be a bit anal if you get my drift (think he some kind of yankee maybe:) and if he ever happen to clash with whut I say...lets discuss it a bit afore you makes any rash decisons about which one is correct:) Thanks.

bigwheel

Link, get this book. Witt recomended it to me and it's great. It can be a great reference and has tons of recipes. I've been to the link the BW posted and this book,Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas is even better. Skip the kits, I bought a couple of the seasoning mixes from sausagemaker and they worked good but you can do the same with the recipes in this book.
http://www.sausagemaker.com/index.asp?P ... ProdID=413

If you interested in a grinder, this is the one that I just bought and Witt uses it also. http://www.sausagemaker.com/index.asp?P ... ProdID=995

Good luck with it, it's a lot of fun. Don't forget to post pics!

Len's site is a very good site...but I would recomend the Kutas Book...it's not that expensive and has a wealth of knowledge in it...That's just MHO...I wouldn't worry about a video...I would by the book...As for the premixed kits...I woulddn't bother with them....most of the spices you need to make sausage u probably already have in the cupboard...the other stuff you might need depending on what type of sausage is not very expensive...cure, fermento (if making roni or the like), and binder if you chosse to use it...There are some good recipes both in the Kutas book and on this site. Good luck..

Well glad you mentioned Fermento. That be just another of old Rytek's money making scams. My old amigo Jerry Fowler figgered out it aint nothing but powdered buttermilk available from any baking aisle at Krogers for 4 bucks. Then old foul tempered Jack Schmidling run all the ph tests using scientifical methods to figger it do not promote or induce any type of fermentation or whutever. Dont even get me started on corn syrup solids and convert sugar all that other nonsense he promoted. I cant believe you still even buying stuff from them shameless hucksters. :shock:
:LOL:

bigwheel

wittdog said:
Len's site is a very good site...but I would recomend the Kutas Book...it's not that expensive and has a wealth of knowledge in it...That's just MHO...I wouldn't worry about a video...I would by the book...As for the premixed kits...I woulddn't bother with them....most of the spices you need to make sausage u probably already have in the cupboard...the other stuff you might need depending on what type of sausage is not very expensive...cure, fermento (if making roni or the like), and binder if you chosse to use it...There are some good recipes both in the Kutas book and on this site. Good luck..

Back
Top Bottom