Happy Days Are Here Agian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
.99 a pound pork butts! :D Took all they had. ( 10 ) Sausage mad house will be here Jan 12th. I have about 80 pounds of ground venison in the deep freezer too. Think I might snag a new grinder, the old maverick needs a new blade and it's a odd ball size, sausage maker couldn't help me out on a replacemet, so I guess it's time for a new grinder. :D ;) (the wife is going to kill me :LOL: )

Thats a great deal pigs! Tell your wife the meat was so cheap that you had to buy the grinder! I can't find butts for less than $1.49 around here. The picnics are $.99 per pound.

I am half way there. I went to the store with the $1.10 butts and it was actually shoulder blade roasts that were on sale. Of course, that's nothing but a butt that's been sawed into pieces. So I asked Dan the butcher guy if I could get them whole still in the cryovac. He said sure and that they would be $0.99/lb if I bought them that way since all he had to do was slap a price sticker on them. I bought four butts, that is two cyrovacs. My wife and I then continued doing the week's grocery shopping. Then I causually mentioned that this store still had the store wide sale on. They just recently completed a massive expansion and remodel. It made shopping a real pain for five months. To draw customers back, every purchase has been 10% off from the week before Thanksgiving thru Jan. 3. That made the butts $0.90/lb. My wife suggested we should buy some more. So I bought four more. Now, the two of us wouldn't eat that much pulled pork so ..... .

Maybe we shall all bow to griff for that stroke of ingeniousness! (is that a word??) Way to work the wife!!

I'll have to check around and see waht they are going for around here, course I still like 6 in the freezer.. but ... ya never know!!!

Should have thrown 5# casings in the shopping cart. Gotta use them....can't throw them away.

Great price on them butts Griff. Thats about as cheap as they get down here and it dont happen often.

bigwheel

Few years back me and several other folks on another forum snagged the grinder at the link below. The head is basically a #12 Hobart so the plates are interchangeable..but the shaft is bigger so you cant use Hobart knives. Aint heard nary a complaint from any who bought one. In fact one fella had his machined down so it would take Hobart knives. It comes with two knives so it prob take a long time to need to worry about it. Shipping runs about 40 bucks if you aint got a retail store up there. We got two retail stores in town nowadays.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/ ... 586_340586

bigwheel

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
.99 a pound pork butts! :D Took all they had. ( 10 ) Sausage mad house will be here Jan 12th. I have about 80 pounds of ground venison in the deep freezer too. Think I might snag a new grinder, the old maverick needs a new blade and it's a odd ball size, sausage maker couldn't help me out on a replacemet, so I guess it's time for a new grinder. :D ;) (the wife is going to kill me :LOL: )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom