Had nothing to do today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
But I had 5 lbs of ground pork that I defrosted the other day. I picked up some brocooli rabe, sun dried tomamto and some cheese. I had some casing so I made 5 lbs Italian sausage. I froze most of it, just left enough in the fridge for dinner tomorrow night.

[attachment=0:ugdow5lu]Sausage.JPG[/attachment:ugdow5lu]

Nick,

It has been awhile since I've been to the forum and as usual things look great and gets me hungry. The sausage looks great! I haven't made Italian sausage before. I did make some bacon the other week. We are still eating on it.

Looks good. I too have not tried sausage. I think it's like baccon, which I've tried and ruined. I'll leave it to the pros.

Hey TT dont be intimidated on sausage. It just meatloaf stuffed into a gut. Folks been making it for thousands of years. If you get the right amount of salt and a propa fat to lean ratio the other ingredients is just icing on the cake. Biggest shortfall is tough cases which can be a problemo for any who dont cook it right. If that happens you just eat the middle and feed the guts to the dawgs. Fortunant for us we have some great mentors on here who gladly share their expertise. Now it is fairly labor intensive mostly kitchen related scullery type dishwashing chores . So if a person happens to be an old fat lazy boy who sweats a lot..might be best to just go buy some. Can you find Holme's Smokehouse Brand? Its made in Texas and they have some very good Andoullie and Boudan. Kroger peddles it around here and maybe Super Target. Best of fortunes.

bigwheel

Looks fantastic, Nick! I like it when you have nothing to do. Do you need someone to send some of that sausage to? :D

I have alot of respect for people who can make sausage now that I have tried it, it's not all that easy.

Nice job.

I'd love to see it, but the picture isn't available anymore. I want to try sausage at some point.

john pen said:
navchop said:
I'd love to see it, but the picture isn't available anymore. I want to try sausage at some point.
Im wondering if it ever existed ?
I doubt it. Nice seeing a post in the good ol' sausage section though. Thanks John. :mrgreen:

It is nice I remember when a certain guy from the oven glove state used to make sausage.

Sent from my intergalactic communicator using Tapatalk

Haven't made sausage at home for a long time.
I am looking for a grinder/stuffer for here at work. Maybe in the $200 range.(or less) Nothing fancy just big enough to make about 40 to 50 lbs a week. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom