Had nothing to do today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Puff said:
Haven't made sausage at home for a long time.
I am looking for a grinder/stuffer for here at work. Maybe in the $200 range.(or less) Nothing fancy just big enough to make about 40 to 50 lbs a week. Any ideas?

When you say "a week" are you doing it in one sitting or more then one?

Seems like I remember seeing it...but it was a long time ago. It looked just like Eyetalian sausage to me.

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
I am looking for a grinder/stuffer for here at work. Maybe in the $200 range.(or less) Nothing fancy just big enough to make about 40 to 50 lbs a week. Any ideas?

Twice a week for now.

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:

Twice a week for now.

I think a 1/2 horse model won't last a long time if your really going to make that much sausage every week. As soon as you get out of the 1/2 horse models the price shoots up drastically. I'd get a separate stuffer, this is the one I have http://www.grizzly.com/products/5-lb-Sa ... ical/H6252, it works great. Look on craigslist for a used grinder heavier then 1/2 horse.

Nothern Tool is usually a good source for meat grinders. I got the 1 HP SS model just sitting around. Too lazy to use it. Would consider parting with it for the above mentioned sum. Thing weighs 90 lbs. Shipping cost when I got it was around 40 bucks. Big Dave bought a smaller one and really liked it last I checked. The one I have takes plates for a #12 Hobart. It cant use Hobart knives because the shaft is bigger..but it has two sets of blades which come with it. Several of us bought them at the same time. I think one fellow..seems like maybe Frank Boyer had his shaft milled down to the size where it will take the Hobart knives. I also sent off and snagged an extra large plate for it..half inch holes seems like.

Thanks guys. Nick, I have that stuffer but there is no way I'm taking it to work! Kids might use it for .........well God knows what. :shock:
Wheeler, thanks for the offer. I'm going to go tool around Northern Tool for a bit. I'll run that deal you offered past the man with the checkbook.

Ok..hasnt been used very much. Will grind up a baby Rhino if you can stuff it down the throat.

Back
Top Bottom