Gearing up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I’m getting ready to pick up a case of butts tomorrow to make up a big batch of sausage. We are going to make some Smoked Polish, Fresh Polish and some Italian sausage. I’m thinking about cold smoking some the Polish and then hanging it with the pepperoni. The Broadway Market used to be filled with butchers and they would sell “slim jim” sticks with a polish sausage profile…I’ll get the butts and talk it over with the mrs and the boys to see what they want to do. I need to hit the sausage maker as well to get some more casings.

That'll make a lot of sausage! Do you plan to give some away, or are you stocking up for the summer?

Mikey and I picked up some casings today..32-35mm for the fresh and 35-38mm for the smoked...Tomarrow I'm de boning and chunking the butts and Friday will be the grind day.

The mrs made a nice cover for the new grinder and a good friend made a beautiful push stick for it. This stick is a work of art. It’s almost to nice to use. Thank You.

I’ve got a lot of work to do today….a case of butts to debone and chunck up and then grind…and I get to use my new push stick.

wittdog said:
The mrs made a nice cover for the new grinder and a good friend made a beautiful push stick for it. This stick is a work of art. It’s almost to nice to use. Thank You.

I’ve got a lot of work to do today….a case of butts to debone and chunck up and then grind…and I get to use my new push stick.

Looks like it requires batteries. Called a "push stick'? I have to think about that for a moment.

I'm starting to get the hang of this sausagemaking stuff...6 butts de boned and chunked...1 hour...I'm going to smoke the other two butts on the WSM..the freezer is low on PP

Well it’s been a busy morning so far..I rolled bed at 6:30am WTF was I thinking..Fired up the WSM

I’ve got two butts on the bottom grate…3 fatties and the left over butt bones on the top.

Then we mixed up 15lbs of Smoked Polish and Stuffed and placed in the smokehouse.

Now its time to clean up some…breakfast..take mj to swimming lessons and then crank out 10lbs of fresh polish and 10lbs of Italian sausage.

Back
Top Bottom