First time ..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
I made sausage for the first time today using WittDogs Grandpa's Polish sausage recipe. Started out with about 18 lbs. of uncut pork butt and ended up with about (no scale) 11lbs. of sausage. Everything went well I thought for the first time making it. I used the horn stuffer WittDog sent me( That is a tough old girl right there :shock: ). I had a little trouble keeping all the links uniform in diameter. Other than that no problems.
I'm going to cook some up tomorrow, I'm not sure how yet.
Thanks to WittDog and Nick for all of your patience with my questions.
And thanks again Dog for the stuffer.

Dang Puff, thats great. I am itching to do some sausage. Just found out that a guy here at work has one of those big commercial meat grinders. May have him grind my meat for me.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Dang Puff, thats great. I am itching to do some sausage. Just found out that a guy here at work has one of those big commercial meat grinders. May have him grind my meat for me.

You are one sick individual!

WTG Puff..manly man type hiney slaps all around. Great looking sausage you come up with there.

bigwheel

Your old grinder looked so much BIGGER till I seen the pic with your hand in it!...LOL

That's an oldie...but I bet it will outwork most you could buy now.

Dang good looking links there bud!

Good job Puff, I was a little worried after talking to you this morning, but you pulled it out. [smilie=a_bravo.gif] [smilie=a_bravo.gif]

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Good looking stuff. How hard was it to get threw that horn stuffer?
I'm a big dude. It took damn near all my weight! One thing I learned quick is to not fill it up to much, maybe halfway.

Even though the grinder is small it still held it's own. I stopped a few times to let it cool off a bit.

Thanks everyone, I'm going to try some today.

Puff said:
I'm a big dude. It took damn near all my weight! One thing I learned quick is to not fill it up to much, maybe halfway.

Even though the grinder is small it still held it's own. I stopped a few times to let it cool off a bit.

The stuffer took all of my wt..and then some to get it going....

wittdog said:
Puff said:

The stuffer took all of my wt..and then some to get it going....
I can still feel it in my arm :shock:

Back
Top Bottom