Fennel Toast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Bill from Buffalo Spice gave me some super fresh fennel, should I toast it before I make some Italian sausage, or just throw it in as is. My gut tells me to toast it as it will bring out more flavor. What ya all think?
Thanks

john pen said:
I've never toasted it when making my Itialian sausage...
Yes. But I have been toasted when making Italian or other sausage. How about you? :LOL: ;) I think I'll toast it to evan out the flavor first. This stuff is strong. I'll go easy at first and do a test patty. Ya always can add more. Thanks for the input guy's

Well if that the stuff which taste like liquorish think you doing the right thing in going lightly with it. Vividly recall trying to make some non Texanized hotlinks invented by some dipwad named Otis Boyd one time. He called for 2 t. Anise seeds for 5 lbs meat...gag heave sputter...tasted like a liquorish stick to me. That's when I quit following internet sausage recipes. Just a little too Eyetaliany if you get my drift. Sure you will do the right thing. Just goggled up the hotlink recipe now somebody has decided to add ground up beechnuts to the mix. Whut is a beechnut? Thanks.

bigwheel

Smart thinking..thats how I got the liquorish flavored hotlink recipe. Can't believe I didn't think of it. I'm so ashamed :oops:

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom