Easter Sausage 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
It's time for the annual Easter Sausage thread. I picked up 100lbs if Butts today for sausage. I'm going to chunk them tonight. Grind on Friday and stuff and smoke on Sat. I also picked up 20lbs of beef ribs at $1.20lb and 160lbs of Charcoal. Should be a busy weekend. Pics to follow if time and attitudes permit.
I also ordered my fresh hams to be picked up on Monday.

Can't wait for followup posts. Will you give us the recipes you'll be using? Another question, do you apply any kind of a grease to to lubricate the piston seal in your upright sausage stuffer? I just got my stuffer and I was wondering.

Sure everything will turn out great. Condolences on all the manuel labor you is preparing to do. That be enough to make a fat boy sweat just reading about it.

Smokey Lew said:
Can't wait for followup posts. Will you give us the recipes you'll be using? Another question, do you apply any kind of a grease to to lubricate the piston seal in your upright sausage stuffer? I just got my stuffer and I was wondering.
Lew, I use a light coat of Crisco on the piston seal.

Pigs

Meat is now ground and mixed. I love my 1hp grinder.

Lew I don't lube the piston the fat in the meat will do that as you go

Looking great Dave.
img_235725_0_d9fa5a097c97e997c98bc2f59564c03a.jpg

Pigs

i just grill some sweet and hot sausages and i'm stuffed but looking at the picture is making me want to pull the leftovers out of the fridge and continue eating!

Hey Wit. Fiine job as usual. Think your about due to write a book on sausage making. Call it Rytek 2 or something. Give it some thought.

bigwheel said:
Hey Wit. Fiine job as usual. Think your about due to write a book on sausage making. Call it Rytek 2 or something. Give it some thought.
I gave it some thought...even came up with a title...but when I sobered up I forgot it. :LOL:

The smoked Polish sausage it done. It's got great color...I can't wait to try it tomarrow. It took about 10hrs in the smokehouse.

wittdog said:
bigwheel said:
I gave it some thought...even came up with a title...but when I sobered up I forgot it. :LOL:

Haven't we all done something like this during a long smoke!? Great idea and then....wait what...lol

This is getting better and better! Thanx for the pics!

Back
Top Bottom