Breakfast Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KyBlueBBQ

Senior Cook
After getting the grinder for the house this christmas I had to give it a whirl. Since I'm doing 5 Butts for a new years party (cook and deliver tomorrow) I stole a couple pounds of meat and decided to try Alton Browns Breakfast Sausage Recipe.

2 tsp Kosher Salt
1 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
2 tsp Sage
2 tsp Thyme
1/2 tsp Finely chopped Rosemary
1 Tsp Light Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp Nutmeg

Ive already got it ground (sorry the camera was out in the truck) and its in the icebox. So far I'm really impressed it looks almost identical to store bought. I might have put in just a bit much on the extra fat, but we'll see when it cooks!

I did'nt see a recipe over on your thread, so I went ahead and posted it over here.. I'll get some pics when I pull it out of the chill chest and when its cookin.

As promised...heres some pictures

I added a bit more Cayenne Pepper than the Recipe called for, so its got a little bit of warmth to it. Its a GREAT recipe. The brown Sugar also gives it just a little bit of sweetness - almost like you put maple sugar on the sausage. Definatly a keeper of a recipe IMO

I'm used to buying my sausage from a smaller mom and pop outfit here locally. IIRC their sausage looks like what I have in the bowl. Alot more fat in theirs thou. I had to add some oil to the pan to fry my eggs.

Brian - I love spicy food - so adding some extra for added warmth soots my pallet better.

I'm real happy with that Kitchen Aid attachment grinder.. I wouldnt want to do alot like Witt does, but for small batches and trails of different recipe's it works great IMO

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom