New to this forum - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2020, 02:39 PM   #1
BBQ NOOB

New to this forum

Hi everyone, I just joined this group and thought I壇 intro myself. Screen name is TrackSoup, AKA Trevor from Ontario Canada . I知 50+ and had a BBQ my entire adult life but I知 absolutely new to charcoal cooking, I recently treated myself to a Vision Grills Kamado & I知 lovin it! I have found everything has so much more/better flavour. I致e cooked everything from steaks, pork sausages, venison and moose burgers, chicken & even a low~slow moose roast, delicious by the way .

I constantly find myself searching the Internet for techniques and videos looking to find recipes for the foods that my family loves to eat. Which is how I found this forum. I知 looking forward to learning & sharing my way thru this BBQ journey

TrackSoup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrackSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 03:35 PM   #2
BBQ NOOB

Roast moose & potatoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrackSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 05:52 AM   #3
Cook and bottle Washer

Welcome to the Forum and I'm sure we all can learn a few BBQ dishes from you. I have never been to Canada, however have enjoyed a few selections I learned after came from Canada. I think Canadian Bacan is probably popular everywhere. I'm not sure if this is a Canadian thing or not as I was introduced to salmon cooked on the grill and using cedarwood little squares and the flavor is soaked into the fish. (Now understand, there is a special type of cider-wood used for cooking with). As again I'm not sure this is a Canadian thing or not? I would enjoy finding and Youtube Canadian cooking if you know of any? As I would like to find some ways to play around on the grill with deer meat in flavoring ideas, seasoning ideas? if you have any? I'm also a big fan of Alton Brown, out of Atlanta, Ga and we did a 14-hour smoker using this https://altonbrown.com/smoked-brisket/
I'm interested in your roasted Moose dish above. Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing, as I look forward to learning more!

My wife and me, are tuned in with smiles rubbing hands together haha Thanks for your post.
DogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:35 PM   #4
BBQ NOOB

Heeey, I'm also new here, however I've been watching this forum for some time already)
seanslater is offline   Reply With Quote