Thermometers and the Health Dept.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
I thought Ive read recently that the health dept. made someone go out and get a "certain" thermometer? I know its prob different everywhere but do you have to have a a certain style like "it will read in 4 seconds" or can it be longer? Anyone have experience with this?

First I ever heard of this deal. Now I had a pal..maybe still have just aint seen him in a while who supposedly got rich one weekend selling factory presmoked and offset pit reheated Turkey Legs. He say the health goon had his own gauge and stay in the vending trailer with my pal whilst poking every last turkey leg he sold. If it was less that 160 it was a no no and he had to put it back on the pit for while. Now if some health goon try to tell my old chum who run the big C-store and Deli to go buy a certain type of high dollar temp gauge he will tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine. His health inspector is an old widder lady and she is skerred to death of him cuz he is commonly considered to be crazy. Now I don't think he's crazy but he is impulsive and has dylexia..packs a gun and loves to fight. Also drinks a lot of Crown. I guess that might qualify him but actually the Crown calms him down. Hope this helps.

bigwheel

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: where in the hell do you come up with this shit? You are killin me over here and the wife keeps askin whut im laughin at? lol thanks bw :!:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom