Random Catering thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
Just putting 2007 taxes to bed, and I already am looking at :

July-12-Church picnic for 150
July 19-Wedding for 125
July 24- Company lunch for 400
August 3 - Company picnic for 100

September 4- Corporate Sales lunch for 75-100
September 13-Company picnic for 150
September 20-Wedding for 200
September 27-Smoke shop promotion/party for 75

Looks like about 3-4 drop-ins in June- August and I'll be good to go. Also, I am raising my price per person by $1.00. Gas, food costs are going to kill small business!

I came up with a couple of new sides in my third year, that will offer some variety. I finally developed a good baked bean method for doing large volume production in my pit's upright. I assemble and heat in 24 qt stock pots on the burners, pour into foil pans, and smoke at appx 225 for appx 4 hours. I also added a good volume potatoe recipe that I got from Bill Cannon (Texas BBQ Rub) that involves Russets, mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, bbq rub, cheese, and so on.

Last year I developed a good redskin recipe with bacon, onions, and green beans. So I am covered with these , the above, and my "Cowboy Pinto Beans".

I dumped dessert as an option unless someone specifically requests it. Then, it is just Sam's cookies, or some other prepackaged hand food.

Use the cheapest sandwhich buns you can find. The bread is a bit player. The meat is the star! I had a guy bitch at me for doing this. He said, "In the south, they use kaiser rolls!!!" I told him, "in the south, you get two slices of the cheapest white bread you can find!!!" So I bought him kaiser rolls, and he bitched because they were day old! I told him to "go buy whatever you want, but I'm not paying for it!" I throw away ALOT of bread!!!!!

My sauce is getting better. So is my turkey. I may offer it next year!

In three seasons, I have not seen any really miserable weather yet! I've been blessed and I hope the trend continues!

Good luck to you all in 2008. WM

At the end of the day how much did you save by buying "day old kaiser buns"

Thats a nice start to the year I have a local fair on July 12 a Pig roast on the 13th a 50th bday party on August 23 another local fair on August 3 and a Anniversary party on May 30 and a company picinic for 250 in August date to be determined. this is my second full year and I am trying to schedual events around my other business.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom