Preparing for a gig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Is there or what is a good way to Guess - timate how much food you will serve/sell at a fair or race or any event? thanks. db

How many attend the event?

How many other vendors?

How many serving lines are you going to run?

How quick can you serve them?

How near an entrance are you going to be?

How many days is the event?

What are you serving, how long does it take to cook more of them?

The more information you can find out about the event the better you can make an estimate.

But I wouldn't want to anticipate more than 10% of any event crowd is going to eat at your stand, though they all may be dying for bbq and you're the only bbq vendor.

On multiple day events you can base day two off the day one sales, but you can be just as far out trying this method as any other.

If you are going to pre-cook anything, you can keep things on ice or under refrigeration and re-heat as you need it, otherwise cook what you can afford to take home, or shoot your load and pray you sell it all.

thanks

Ya i did figure some of the things you mentioned in the beginning (how many people, how many days etcc) however i was looking more for an answer of what you said in the latter part probably not more that 10 percent of the crowd will come to the "BBQ" booth. Thanks for your help it does make sense. db

vending

ya, im not really in to the vending thing but......i might have to try it at some point! Denver usually has a few fairs during the summer months and from what ive seen you cant really go wrong by showing up.........however.......im not sure what it cost to rent the space... go figure. db

Back
Top Bottom