No More Whole Hog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a general rule I think - If you have a dollar store you get dollar customers but if its a $100 store the picture changes for the most part. Please correct me if im wrong. :idea:

dollarbill said:
As a general rule I think - If you have a dollar store you get dollar customers but if its a $100 store the picture changes for the most part. Please correct me if im wrong. :idea:

I'll go long with that. I don't thin we ever gonna get the upper crust customer round here, we like ta hep out the workin folk when we can. Just the nitch we picked, tough nitch rite now, but, it's where we be.

dollarbill said:

I just wanted to clarify - I'm not at all sayin' you run a $1.00 shop...and after reading my post i thought it looked like I said that.

Well sounds like a lot of good pholosophizing goin on around here. Hey Maynard glad to hear you make all your stuff from scratch. I think that is generally a good plan up to the point where a person hits the beans. I lost nearly a nights sleep cooking 10 gallons of pintos and hocks for a bunch of local school teachers one time..twice actually..and wound up throwing out about half. Course it near pure transplanted yankees in this area who wouldn't know a good pinto bean if it bit them in the coola. Moral of the story is..use Bush's Sweet beans in the can. Lot less stress on the cook and the folks will eat them mo betta. Tweak em if you want..I got some grand prize winning tweaking recipes anybody need em..or heck they might already be in the recipe section. Who knows? Ranch Style beans also work well too.

bigwheel

We do cheat a bit on the beans an used canned, then add in spices an some a our Mahogany shoulder bacon. Otherwise we purty much make it all.

Worst customer I had so far this year be my wifes sister, wanted a grad party fer her daughter, feed 100 folks, cut her a swingin deal, most stuff at cost, brisket at half off, me servin, now she wan'ts ta know how much fer only 75! Family!

Back
Top Bottom