New to catering...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
There's a reason they're called the Food Nazis. Good that they protect us, but I just threw away a vending business plan because of my
DHEC.

Problem is, if you are cooking most food on site, it is what they call a "grey area" in many cases. Also, it tends to vary from county to county here in Ohio. I find that gets much tougher in the larger metro counties like Cuyahoga( Cleveland), Summit (Akron,) and Mahoning (Youngstown) . It seems that the more resources they have, the more they hassle you. Often times though, they don't know what the regs are. I had a REALLY good sanitarian school me early on. Hopefully, you can get one too! Woody

Neil, check with your county health department first and tell them exactly what you plan on doing. Dave and I have talked at length on this and his county is totally different than mine as I'm sure yours' is different than ours'. You'll be amazed at how much crap you'll need to get...most likely.

ZBQ said:
Dave, I've been trying to get hold of you to ask you about the food police stuff and some other things too.

Sorry Neil. I am juggling about 20 things right now!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom