My head is spinning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow Chuck that was a very edumacational narrative. Thanks for sharing. I nominate you to be the official Catering Guru of this place. You obviously have a lot of expertise in the field.

Goober

Chuckwagonbbqco said:
I feel your head spinning
I see some problems(snip)

Tell them this a sample plating menu for this $5 pp, but your normal price is $12.50 pp and tell them what they would get for the full menu price.

Oh man i'm shaking right now i'm so pissed off. I just dropped off 12 pounds of sliced and sauced sausage (for 40 people) to the bmw dealership........10 minutes after I get home my phone rings and this girl from bmw starts to tell me that it wasn't well received, people were complaining about the sausage and that there isn't going to be enough to feed everyone. Also that other companies that cater to them usually bring more food.
I explained for $5 a head your not going to get 2 meats and sides. I told them exactly what they were going to get. Sausage a bag of chips and a pickle. God damn............Then they called to complain. I told them as long as people were not walking in there and filling up the whole damn plate they had more than enough. My final rant here.... She also said there were several complaints about the sausage taste. If there is not enough food to feed everyone but it all got eaten how can it taste bad? I tried some before I took it down there and it was killer... :evil:

sombody please help me out here?

It's 5:00 somewhere. If you're a drinking man - grab a cold beer! If you aren't - you soon will be.

Go back to my post and read about PROBLEM 4 several times.

Some people learn by reading----you have just learned by EXPERIENCE.

you are now considered experienced---so when next lowballer calls QUOTE ME
"I have enough experience--now I am trying to make money." Leonard Sanders

Well that was an interesting point of bad food and not enough of it. Whut a concept. Reminds me of this old Ruskie Commune manager fella who tells his comrades, "Bad news is we had a skimpy harvest and the only thing we have to eat over the winter is cow poop. The good news is we have plenty."

Goober

3 Olives said:
It's 5:00 somewhere. If you're a drinking man - grab a cold beer! If you aren't - you soon will be.

I was gonna quote you on that Chuck but kept on my rant. Lived, Learned and experienced now. Maybe if I go to the BR i would feel better....... :?:

That should have been plenty of food but I'm sure they came up short. It's amazing how something as simple as free food turns people into inconsiderate slobs.

Yep portion control is an issue. Nearly got to have somebody doling out the meat at least on the first pass.

Goober

dollarbill said:
Ok, I just got a call from a local BMW dealer. Seems they want lunch catered for 40 people. Their budget is $5.00 per person :shock: ......... They need plates and utencils too. I told them i'll try to work on somthin' to see if we can get some people fed, but I don't think I could do a plate without losin' out.

they requested :

1 meat
sauce
2 sides
plates
utencils
Napkins

I'd really like to help out but holy crap. $5.00 per plate? I'm not sure it can be done.

Maybe if I add a pitmaster + shipping and prep fee I could make up for it? :roll:

Ask Them what their smokin :weedman:

Both of you are right........Inconsiderate bastards start first. then in the same line comes portion control (which "I" didn't do) . It's tooo bad the inconsiderate bastards did't learn what portion control was all about when growin up. Its also known as "courtesy". Oh well! What do you expect from a bunch of greedy bastards to begin with. Car Salesman.

I appreciate everyones opinions. Thats why I learned again, and thats why I love this site.
F BMW and F the "jerk" that told the girl to call me and complain. He coulda called instead...Sorry if this is a little harsh Greg. I'm not sure scum could grow under a car salesman.

dollarbill said:
Both of you are right........Inconsiderate bastards start first. then in the same line comes portion control (which "I" didn't do) . It's tooo bad the inconsiderate bastards did't learn what portion control was all about when growin up. Its also known as "courtesy". Oh well! What do you expect from a bunch of greedy bastards to begin with. Car Salesman.

I appreciate everyones opinions. Thats why I learned again, and thats why I love this site.
F BMW and F the "jerk" that told the girl to call me and complain. He coulda called instead...Sorry if this is a little harsh Greg. I'm not sure scum could grow under a car salesman.

$5 a head from a buiness that charges upwards of $100 an hour for THEIR service..???? That is/was train wreck/ accident waiting to happen, material I did a car place once.... never again.. Cheap bastards, all of em!!! Told em to shove business right up their muffler.. The ONLY people I would do that for, for that price, is for my favorite charity

Dollarbill

It has been awhile since your catering job. How are things going? Got any jobs hangin in the future? Holler if we can advise you. It is not that we have done things smartly---we have had our ass kicked in every way possible. We are educated ass kicked so holler if you got any questions, and we will tell you how to prevent gettin an ass kickin

Chuckwagonbbqco said:
Dollarbill

It has been awhile since your catering job. How are things going? Got any jobs hangin in the future? Holler if we can advise you. It is not that we have done things smartly---we have had our ass kicked in every way possible. We are educated ass kicked so holler if you got any questions, and we will tell you how to prevent gettin an ass kickin

Thanks Chuck, I've had a few more since then and all has went well. A couple of places tipped me $100 bucks!.... I about fell fricking over. Been tryin to work the "turkey" circuit lately. (No not the car lot! :LOL: ) Ill give you a shout out as soon as I get stumped again. :D I cant wait to get ahold of next bbq season.

Back
Top Bottom