Lions Tailgate......whole hog!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bbq Bubba

Senior Cook
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya, our Lions suck but we still can party with the best of em!

This was a 102# pig, picked it up Sat. evening and headed down to the city to set-up and prepare for our all niter!

Set-up on the 3rd floor of a parking garage (no wind or rain!) of what used to be the old Michigan Theater! I guess parts of the movie 8 Mile were filmed here.

Pics suck, sorry.

By imn88fan

Pig on the Rotisserie!
Cooked over RO and Hickory/Apple combo!

By imn88fan

This pit ran real smooth considering it's the first time we've used it!

By imn88fan

Ready to take off the spit!

By imn88fan

Basically fell apart!

By imn88fan

After about 70 VERY happy fans......2 kegs in 4 hrs!

By imn88fan

By imn88fan

Hopefully will get called to do that again!

Wow, they let you do that INDOORS???? No code? Oh wait, I forgot, burning buildings are the norm in Detroit...........

Lookin' good Bubba.
You shoulda' called. I would have taken my life into my own hands and hung out with you guys. 8)

I didn't see any of you dorks volunteering to hang with me at Central and Vernor last October in the barrio when I was cooking!!!!!!

Woodman said:
Wow, they let you do that INDOORS???? No code? Oh wait, I forgot, burning buildings are the norm in Detroit...........

Last time I checked buildings made out of brick and concrete don't burn. But, being from Ohio you're use to huts being made out of mud and straw, so we'll excuse the ignorance. ;)

Yeah, but people die from concentrated carbon monoxide poisoning! I'll guarantee, building a fire in that parking garage is TOTALLY illegal!

Woodman said:
Yeah, but people die from concentrated carbon monoxide poisoning! I'll guarantee, building a fire in that parking garage is TOTALLY illegal!

Then you would have loved the bon fire pit and the umteen gassers that were going!! :shock:

There was plenty of open areas where that would have never been a worry, but i agree, probably not legal, but also pretty hard to cook in 40 mph winds!

Sorry Puff, my bad, should'a called! :(

Glad you got away with it! I'll never forget the time the local Fire inspector told me that my awnings had to be 20 ft away from my pit! The health department says they must be OVER it!

Back
Top Bottom