I'm done for the season!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
Did my last job for the season last Thursday in Detroit. Got everything cleaned up and stowed. Just cleaned the smoke stains from the EZ-Ups with some Oxy Clean. They look great for three years of hard use. Still need to clean out the pit and re-season for winter. Did 13 jobs this year from June to October.(did 8 last year.) Smallest group was 50, largest was 400. Alot of grad parties! Should get good word of mouth. Very successful year indeed! Don't know how much more I could handle without a stooge. And, there isn't anyone within 50 miles of me who knows anything about BBQ :oops:

Woodman said:
And, there isn't anyone within 50 miles of me who knows anything about BBQ :oops:

Now I don't know how far into the woods you live? But if there is a college anywhere within that 50 miles that does absolutely any courses with food, or has a group of students that like to party, I would be tempted to get a few notices out, you might wait for spring but there's a good chance the type of kids you want to catch, will be the one who goes out at Xmas to find the summer job.

I've had friends use colleges to help find, good workers, the other thing that has often worked, is the catering staff who work the college kitchens, they are out nearly the same times as the students.

Just a thought or two!

The boy is just looking for an excuse to be lazy. I could tell it from the post. That catering is hard work and he dont want no more of it. All that stuff prob be up sale by next spring. Just guessing of course:)

bigwheel

SoEzzy said:
Woodman said:
And, there isn't anyone within 50 miles of me who knows anything about BBQ :oops:

Now I don't know how far into the woods you live? But if there is a college anywhere within that 50 miles that does absolutely any courses with food, or has a group of students that like to party, I would be tempted to get a few notices out, you might wait for spring but there's a good chance the type of kids you want to catch, will be the one who goes out at Xmas to find the summer job.

I've had friends use colleges to help find, good workers, the other thing that has often worked, is the catering staff who work the college kitchens, they are out nearly the same times as the students.

Just a thought or two!

Actually, it was meant as a slam on Greg ,who lives 15 miles from me! ;)

Woodman said:
Actually, it was meant as a slam on Greg ,who lives 15 miles from me! ;)

Well now you have time to show him a thing or two! ;) :roll: :LOL:

Or get shown a thing or two! :oops:

What you gonna do with all that money Woody? I know you are gonna get something nice. 8)

Bought mucho musical equipment this year which I have paid off:

Warwick Fretless Corvette Bass
Fender Precision (American) Bass
Rickenbacker 4001c64 Bass
Yamaha 12 channel powered mixer
2 Yamaha 3 way PA Cabs
Ampeg SVT6-Pro Amp
Ampeg HVT610 Cab

Oh yeah, I gave the wife and kids some fun money too! ;)

WOW!

A good bass player is the hardest guy to find. I'm a singer and guitarist and even drummers are plenty.

That's some nice stuff man. I got a dozen guitars and such too. Stacks and Amps and PA's o'plenty.

Nice new toys man. Enjoy!!!!

Yeah Mike, I always thought it would be cool to start a band that did all BBQ themed songs and go on the comp circuit! Stuff like:

"Creosote Blues"

"Her Heart was Warm, But Her Cherry Was Green"

"Her Firebox Was Too Small for My Wood"

"Your Love is Like a Greasefire!"

"My Baby is a 999 in Appearance, but a 666 in Texture"

You could probably make some cash doing this! Here is my favorite acquisition

http://www.rickenbacker.com/model.asp?model=4001C64

Well instead of buying all that stuff yall just need to tune into Willie's place on the XM Radio. Channel 13. They already have folks who sing and play all the good music.

bigwheel

Woody yer right that Rik is a sweet Bass man. I can play bass....like a guitar player. Meaning I will be on Key but won't have you Bass Player cool Riffs and runs.

BBQ Songs is next man!!!!
Too funny man.

"I like Big Butts and I'll tell you why..." Oh, that's been done.

Something says they will be Country songs like...

"I'm Pulling My Pork Thinking of You"

"Yer Bark is as Tender as Yer Bite"

"I Want to Worry Me Some Breast" in honor of JB

lol

Back
Top Bottom