Heated Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nakedpigbbq

Senior Cook
Hello everyone,
I have a 5 X 10 trailer that I outfitted to use for competition. It has a pantry, small fridge, microwave, and one of the large utility sinks like for the laundry room. I am trying to figure out what is the smallest 3 compartment sink I could use and if I just need to take out the big utility sink to have more room. It works great though for washing the big prep trays and pots. I will have to get a hand wash sink as well, but this will most likely have to set outside. Any ideas? I do have a large tabletop buffet that I can put 3 of the one third size buffet pans in that heats up. Could that be used as a 3 compartment wash station? Just a thought. Any suggestions would be great. I want to be able to pass HD so I can make a little money to support my competing habit that has recently formed!

thanks,

chuck

I got one of the smallest 3 holers I could find on fairly short notice and cheap. Sets in the back of Fredericka the 20' former MH now wannabe Roach Coach. Rests where the couch used to be. Went out an measured it just for you and it say about 4 or 5 inchs shy of 5'. Swear I could do without a pit mo betta than I could do without that sink. Perfect place to rub briskets..inject cadavers etc. Guessing they make em smaller than that but I aint never seen one.

bigwheel

My vending trailer will be undergoing its first HD inspection tomorrow morning. Here are a few pics of my trailer.

Thanks for the info!

I have a crazy idea that I am trying to find a small enough sink to fit into a diamond plate toolbox I have. It is a one lid box that I have had for years that is like new. My thought is that since my trailer is small, I can mount the sink in the box, have the plumbing hid in the bottom to run out into the waste container, and the lid will raise up and become a "splash guard". When I am done or ready to travel, the lid would drop down and everything would pack up pretty tidy. The only thing I would have to figure out is how to have a faucet... maybe a "soaker hose" or something that would just clip on the lid when it is raised and then can be dropped down into the sink when I travel. Yep.... I'm a redneck.....but working with a really small space.....

These regulations are assinine! Folks try and get a real small sink so as to meet the reg, and save space. Then, the thing really ends up being useless from a practical standpoint! I use 24 qt stock opots and 24" square cutting boards. How am I going to effectively clean them in these pee wee sinks? The three plastic tubs (bus tubs) I use are too small already!! Why does it have to be SS if the last step is always "sanitizing" anyway? Hmmmm?

That is true! That is why I put the BIG laundry sink in my trailer for competing. I can wash full size sheet cake pans in that thing. I then use the wash basins, water hose, etc. to rinse and would then sanitize with bleach/water solution. Does anyone know if the "compartment sinks" are mandatory to be "inline"? Maybe I could go with a two compartment sink but it would have to be on the opposite wall since I am low on space. Don't know if that would fly or not.

Not sure if anybody be able to answer that one for sure..other than your local health goons. Fella I know down here has a big two holer in his stationary sandwich deli along with a separate hand washing sink. Guess they must be ok under some circumstances.

bigwheel

Last I heard down here they was not only naggin about having to have the SS 3 holer but it had to have a rounded bottom. They have apparently now decided the 90 degree angles where the partitions meet the bottom provides a nice crevice for them pesky germs to hide. Notice near all the new ones have round bottoms. Might check that angle too just to be on the safe side. Be a shame to buy a square one and not be able to use it.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom