Gray Water Disposal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
I need to account for disposal of my gray water for the health dept nazis...how do you guys get rid of it that have no commercial kitchen. Sewer is not an option...at least on paper. That's where it's going to end up in reality but they won't want to hear that.

Your kidding Bubba, right? I'm zoned "commercial" for the cater kitchen and take out place so no problem for me. You might want to check a local RV dump station. Other than that, back in the early day's I used the local car wash. Better yet, ask the health goons where! Of all people, they should know!

Tried asking...no clue. I'll just dump it in the health dept parking lot. I might just try to find an RV dump station. I'm not going to have that much anyways and what will be there is mostly soap anyways since I'll be using disposable pans. I'll most likely find the nearest tree line anyways. ;)

Not sure of your eggxact scenario here but most places you can leave the gray water valve slightly cracked and let it gradually dissapate as it collects. Otherwise save it and dump it when you get home. The red tipped Fotenias (sic) seem to like it at my house.

bigwheel

Uncle Bubba said:
I need to account for disposal of my gray water for the health dept nazis...how do you guys get rid of it that have no commercial kitchen. Sewer is not an option...at least on paper. That's where it's going to end up in reality but they won't want to hear that.

My bro-in-law had the same trouble with his hot dog truck. He made a deal with a local campground, they can stop by once in a while for a free dog or 2 and he gets to say that he dumps his grey in their system (key word...he SAYS he dumps it there).

I'd imagine you could do the same with a full service RV place, any local sewer cleaning service... or porti-potti company. Our local dump/transfer station has a spot for dumping grey water.

Are they asking for recorded records of each dump...or just where you plan on dumping?

geeeshhhh whatever you do, don't let them know you're gonna dump it in the woods or on your flowers....... you'll have them up your butt for months!

I think they just want to know what I am going to do and won't want proof. This guy is kind of a dweeb but I think he knows what I am going to do regardless of what I say. I'll check rv places for dumping ability. I have a storm drain in my back yard where it more than likely will end up.

Back
Top Bottom