For those of you who cater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
I just finished up this class put on by the National Resaurant Association and I got a lot out of it. The biggest thing about this class is once you are certified, the Health Department gets off your back when it comes to Catering inspections.
ServSafe

I agree, taking that class changed a lot. I took that class last Spring and it was hosted by the Health Dept. It didn't get them off my back but it made them want to work with me instead of working in spite of me. Running ideas past the Health Dept. is no longer a problem. Getting your questions answered in a classroom setting is far more productive than on site during business.

Looks like it could work well for some folks. I checked out their website and the test is available in July but the course isn't available in my area at all.

The local HD has a "Food Handlers Safty Course" available for a nominal fee of less than $15 that lasts 4 hours. Wonder if that is simular to this course?

DATsBBQ said:
Looks like it could work well for some folks. I checked out their website and the test is available in July but the course isn't available in my area at all.

The local HD has a "Food Handlers Safty Course" available for a nominal fee of less than $15 that lasts 4 hours. Wonder if that is simular to this course?

I'm not sure. I took a 4 hour class at our local HD a few years ago. It delt with simular issues but no where near the detail. It was called "cooking for a croud". It alowed me to start vending before the inspection. I just had to post the certificate on the tent. This one will alow me to open a resturant. I checked my test score on line and got a 90%. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom