festival vendor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BayouBBQ

Cook
I am planning on participating in a local "Taste of the Town" to promote my sauce and rub, "Smokin' Cole's." I planned on serving pork tenderloin sandwiches on dinner rolls for a sample size and selling them for $2-$3 each. I spoke with a local resturant that has done this festival before and he suggested being prepared to serve 300-350 servings. I was going to buy the big pork tenderloins at Sam's that average 9-10lbs each and plan on 1/4lb of meat per serving, which means I would need about 8 to 10 tenderloins. There will be 2 other bbq resturants there that I know of and they will be serving pulled pork and ribs. Any suggestions concerning quantities and menu are appreciated.
Thanks

Hey Bayou..

to me , 10 sounds like a lot.. you actually want to run out of food, unless you have freezer space at home to deal with leftovers... Since it's your first appearance there, and you have no way of judging the acceptance to your cooking, you might want to shoot for a 250 number.. Pork loin smoke up fast, or ramp up heat in smoke box to 350 and they are done in less than 2 hours, if you see yourself runnig out of food earlier than expected...Pork Loins are good eating, easy cooking, highly profitable items to do...if you "finish" them in a pan, you can also put cut up apples in the pan, for the last hour, or so, and they will permeate a nice flavor to the Pork Loin.... not sure what your resources are, but baked apple would go well with that...actually, just make apple pie filling , using commercially canned apples, in a big ole pot, and your done, and people love it.. you can do those a few days before and warm up in your smoker, or chafing dishes.. Good luck to you, in any case

Dont think I would want apples or apple pie filling on my pork loin sandwich but then I aint no New Yawker:) I would also go with pork loin as opposed to "tenderloin." That should reduce your food cost by an astronomical amount. Otherwise sounds like a good plan. Slap it on some bread and let em dress it to suit themselves. Lay out some sauce..ketchup..mayo..japs etc.

bigwheel

Pork loin and apples, as a side, are a long time combination not only here in NY, but every where...except, I guess, Fort Wuth :roll:

I think pork and apples were made for eachother! They compliment eachother very well. Good suggestion Bob.

Thanks everyone for the input. I am actually doing whole pork loins, and not tenderloins. I think the apples are a good idea, but I am doing this to promote my Smokin' Cole's bbq sauce and rub, so they will be "featured" on the sandwich vs. apples. I wanted to keep it simple, but have something different than the other bbq resturants that will be there. I may plan on the 250 servings, since I am not as well known as the other places, that is a good point.
Thanks

Here I thought I was the only one, love apple sauce on top of pork chops...fantastic. You made me hungry Scotty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom