Chicken wing amount?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampsauce

Sous Chef
Doin lunch for 75 women teachers. Gonna do pork, wings, 3 sides, desert, tea. How many lbs chicken wings you think I need, I was thinkin 40lbs of jumnbo cut. What you think? is enough or too much? Thanks

so, you have 1 appy, wings, 1 meat, pork and 3 sides , dessert and tea...

viewing the wings as an appy will greatly help the amounts you need..

I think way too much wings.. not sure on Jumbo wings, but regular wings are roughly 10 to a pound if each female teacher eats 4 pieces of wings, that's 300 wing pieces.. if you use jumbos, it's probably 2-3 to a person

just my oh so humble opinion

Just got through with the lunch. 30 lbs was just enough. They come in 10lb bags so I cooked 40lbs, 35lbs would have been perfect.Got enough for supper tonight and the janitors ate the rest and cleaned up for me!!!

Bobberqer, your numbers were spot on.

We pretty much eat wings 2 to 3 times a week here. If Im realllly hungry, I can do 12 or 13, and thats eating just wings with blue cheese and celery..

dollarbill said:
How much pork did you cook?

How much pork did they eat? thanks Tim.

I cooked 6 boneless butts, 37lbs raw. Probably had 5lbs leftover

Bobberqer said:
Sumtin tells me he cooked 5 pork butts, and had a bit left over that the janitors scarfed up

You got insider info? :LOL:

John Penn, Bleu cheese and celery? (best Homer Simpson) AAlllllllllgggggghhhhhhhh, slobber :D

Ok, Im just tryin to understand how much meat when your servin meat as an appy. I woulduf' guessed a little less......Thats why I like this place! Thanks! db

dollarbill said:
Ok, Im just tryin to understand how much meat when your servin meat as an appy. I woulduf' guessed a little less......Thats why I like this place! Thanks! db

I didnt serve the chicken as an appy, it was a second meat. I think teachers a are a special breed of women, they eat more.
:shock:

swampsauce said:
dollarbill said:

I didnt serve the chicken as an appy, it was a second meat. I think teachers a are a special breed of women, they eat more.
:shock:

dont want to ruffle any feathers with the female population, but..... wimmens will eat more, if there are no men around.... no one there to comment, critisize, and no feelings of being self conscious, and well into a comfort zone that allows them to eat as much as they want.. I've learned that the hard way :shock:

Back
Top Bottom