Chicken for 50

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Okay guys and gals. I have a friend who's daughter is graduating from college and has requested me to supply the meat for the party. She wants BBQ chicken. SO, my question is two fold. I would like to do Roadside chicken with a Jack Daniels sauce on top.

I will be doing thighs. I figure 2 thighs per person? And how much to charge?

I have to do this a couple days ahead and they will be reheating them in the oven.

Bill,

Figure 100 thighs. 10 to a pack at what, $4 a pack. That's $40 for the meat. Another $20 in spices and wood. You're in it $60. Considering that the person asking is a friend.....how good of a friend? I wouldn't do it for less than $2.50 to $3 a person. That way you atleast make 100% profit. to compensate you for your time. Don't forget to include the time it takes to prep and clean up.

Tim

CarolinaQue said:
Bill,

Figure 100 thighs. 10 to a pack at what, $4 a pack. That's $40 for the meat. Another $20 in spices and wood. You're in it $60. Considering that the person asking is a friend.....how good of a friend? I wouldn't do it for less than $2.50 to $3 a person. That way you atleast make 100% profit. to compensate you for your time. Don't forget to include the time it takes to prep and clean up.

Tim

That sounds right. I was going to take the cost x 3. $45 per hour @ 2.5 hours = $112 + say 40 cost = $150.00 / 50 people = $3.00 per person. Thanks for the ideas guys.

Back
Top Bottom