Thanksgiving in Michigan 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Max1

Head Chef
Well I was supposed to post this back at Thanksgiving, but forgot where I saved the pictures but have now found them. So here they are, hope it makes you all hungry.

1. Okay to start things out here is my turkey frier. heating up the oil to the right temperature. That would be 350* in anyone is interested.
1.jpg

2. Once it is up to temperature, time to give the bird a bath, although it's more like a hottub.
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

3. Steam showing that the turkey is cooking.
5.jpg

4. This is a picture of the way my set-up was last year. This year I plan on building a platform for my grill, and smoker, so they are up off the ground.
6.jpg

5. I was smoking at the same time I was deep frying the turkey, started the smoking about 4 hours prior.
7.jpg

8.jpg

6. Here are the finished products. The left side is the smoked turkey breast, the right side is a deep fried turkey.
turkeys.jpg

7. Here is a pic of my Brother-in-law, Mike. He is Apprentice Smoker (or Padawan as I say.) He is getting to know his shit when it comes to smoking. Don't mind the mess in the garage, it is clean now. Was alot of my brothers crap. He had just moved into a new house, now its all gone.
9.jpg

His name is Mike, and he drinks any pop you put in-front of him. Sorry here in Michigan we say pop. All that pop was for that night really we actually had to go buy more because of the people that kept showing up. After a while of all the kids leaving pretty much full cans all over the house, I told them they could all go buy their own drinks. Soda costs alot, people don't realize it.

Seems I saw a commercial where a guy burned down his garage doing that, doesn't look like you did that and came out with a good lookin' bird. You know your brother does look a lot like a guy named O'Reilly :roll:

Back
Top Bottom