Justin Wilson's Hushpuppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finney

Master Chef
Savannah, GA and Somewhere near Lexington, NC
Justin Wilson's Hushpuppies
(Bigwheel, This is the one from "Outdoor Cooking with Inside Help") (I think it's the sameone from the link you posted but it was too head to read that one)

2 cups cornmeal
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
Garlic powder, to taste (about 1/2 tsp)
Ground cayenne pepper, to taste
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 to 1 cup buttermilk
1 cup finely chopped green onion
2 Tbs hot cooking oil or bacon drippings
Deep fat (oil) for frying

Combine all dry ingredients. Add eggs, buttermilk, onions, and oil or bacon drippings. Mix well. Drop in deep hot fat by spoonfuls and brown on all sides.

note: rumor has it that hushpuppies were first made on the grounds of Boone Hall plantation outside of Charleston, SC.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Finney said:
Glad I could help. That's a good book. I miss old Justin on TV.
They run his old shows on RFD TV. Man that old boy sure could cook!

And if yall look close enough when its outside he had a original Weber smoker and grill out there , man that would be something to brag about if ya had that in your back yard!!!!

Swear I watched every show he made for about 12 years and made near all his recipes plust I got his Gourmet/Gourmand cookbook. He made two things that was fit to eat. That was the hushpuppies and his garlic bread aint too shabby. Other than than Justeens culinary skills was purty much a waste land. Just my .02 of course.

bigwheel

I used to watch that guy all the time too! I thought his name was "The cajun Cook" though. That ol' boy could cook!

Whoooooooo Weeeeeeee!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom