ET-73 and Deep frying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteerCrazy

Head Chef
Sounds like a good idea, but, I wouldn't leave my probe in the hot oil throughout the cook. Maybe periodically pulling the food out of the oil and testing the temp. If you cook much with your fryer, you might want to invest in a thermapen, you get your temp in seconds.

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Sounds like a good idea, but, I wouldn't leave my probe in the hot oil throughout the cook. Maybe periodically pulling the food out of the oil and testing the temp. If you cook much with your fryer, you might want to invest in a thermapen, you get your temp in seconds.

Thermopen is what I use! Can't beat it's speed!

I'f youre going to submerge the probe along with the wires, it will more than likely ruin it. Cook the bird accordingly, check the temp when you pull it "out" of the oil with a thermometer.

ZBQ,

I know this reply is too late but I posted it just in case someone or yourself checks back.

I have been frying turkey's for a long time. I have never use a thermometer to check the internal temperature. I fry at 350 degrees and 3 1/2 minutes a pound. It has worked for me since 1991. I try to only fry a 10 to 12 pound turkey. Here is a link I did a few years back.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1231/Turkey.htm

Back
Top Bottom