Deep Fried Dill Pickles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Anyone ever had a fried pickle? I had these one time in a restaurant and I've got to say, the theory holds true "anything deep fried tastes good"! If anyone has a recipe for these that you have tried and like, I'd like to see it. There are alot on line, but I want one I know someone had tried and liked.

Captain Morgan said:
down south, if it can fit into a pot, we'll fry it!

I made fried pork chops last night....too hot to grill em.

I LOOOOOOOOVE fried pork chops. Fried pickles would go good with them! And deep fried twinkies for dessert!

Larry, have you ever done the twinkies? I've never done em, but thought it would be a fun novelty when doing a get together.

Captain Morgan said:
Larry, have you ever done the twinkies? I've never done em, but thought it would be a fun novelty when doing a get together.

No, but I have had a deep fried Snickers and Oreos, they were awesome! Twinkies are great alone, add batter and additional grease and they have to get better!

I've seen it batter dipped too. For service, you cut into it (just the batter) from the top 3-4 times and peel it down like a banana. Nice presentation.
A little real whipped cream, some pistachios, and sprig of mint....
MMMMmmmmM Dandy Tastin!
or
GoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooood.

FRICKLES - FRIED PICKLES

Recipe courtesy of Rick Browne's Barbecue America TV Cookbook

1 bottle hamburger dill slices
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow corn meal
1 teaspoon BBQ rub
1/2 cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup beer

Combine the flour and cornmeal (50/50) and season with your favorite BBQ spice rub. In a small bowl make a slurry of the mustard and beer.

Dip the pickle slices in the mustard-beer mixture and then in the flour-cornmeal. Deep fry 5 to 6 pickels at a time at 325 degrees F until the batter is browned, about 30 seconds. Pickles will float to top when done.

Serve as an appetizer with icy cold beer.

Hey Capt.- do I need to bring my own defibrillator to SOTB? Looks like we're gonna deep fry anything we can get our hands on. I just want to be prepared.

Susan Z said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":u3y63faz][quote="Susan Z":u3y63faz]Love fried pickles!

Susan the Mount Vernon Inn has them![/quote:u3y63faz]

Thanks, Larry! Where's that?[/quote:u3y63faz]

Umm...........Mount Vernon Plantation! Right off of Route 1, on the left just before you hit the main Fort Belvoir Gate.

Back
Top Bottom