wireless temp sensor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WalterSC

Head Chef
Ok folks I swore to myself I would never use one but my wife Niki got it free for doing so many serveys. Its from Oregon Scientific its a 433 MHz Cable Free Thermo Sensor. Well I did a 14 lb Pork Loin on my Kenmore gas grill , boy did it make things easy , I got to come back inside check the BBQ boards , have a few beers , the pork loin came out perfect and juicy.

Well the Oregon went out on me and they didnt have any replacement parts so I picked up this one at Lowes , worked like a champ on the turkey that Niki did in the oven.

Programmable Digital Meat Thermometer Model 00646
by Acu-Rite

Sug. Retail: $39.00
Our Price: $29.95

ACU-RITE Programmable Digital Meat Thermometer

Instant readout of inner food temperature during cooking cycle
Preset meat & taste settings for proper cooking time
Automatic alarm when food is done
Wide temperature range from 32°F( 0°C) to 392°F (200°C)
Fahrenheit / Celsius selectable
3 foot heat resistant stainless steel wire and probe
One AAA battery included

For use in ovens, deep fryers, barbecue grills and smokers. Different types, sizes and weighs of food always make it difficult to determine the proper temperature and length of cooking time. Simply instert the metal probe into your food and set the appropriate meat and taste settings on the cooking thermometer. The alarm will automatically sound to tell you that your food is done.

Size: 5 x 3-in.

Cliff wrote:
I have been watching the one at Lowes also. They are new to my store and if they don't sell well they will be discounted and moved out.

Now I'm just going to have to start shopping a Lowes. Home Depot a couple of years ago sent me a company CC with a $1,500 limit, so being the [smilie=a_cry.gif] that I am, I've only shopped there.

I did stop by to see if they sell Lump. They don't here. Neither does Home Depot, but HD does sell popcorn and soup. Go figure.

I did stop by to see if they sell Lump. They don't here. Neither does Home Depot, but HD does sell popcorn and soup. Go figure.[/quote]

The Lowes in Orangeburg has lump while we were there , they were reloading that and the Kingsford Brickets. They also had the new Jenair grills out man was I tempted , they had whole Jenair Island grill package on sale for 700.00 that things had 1,000 incjes of cooking space on the grill alone , not to mention the bulit in cooler , and codiments section .

Back
Top Bottom