thermapen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob D.

Senior Cook
I just got my thermapen last week, was a little apprehensive about spendin' all that cash, but the thing kicks butt! I used it for that grilling gig I did sunday. We we grilling some marinated chicken breasts that were only like 6 oz. and probably less than an inch thick. didn't want to overcook them and dry them out, but didn't want them to be raw either. Used the thermapen for quick checks, 3 second wait time, low 160's and done! No complaints, all were cooked and juicy. Gotta say it was worth the cash...

Also used it to check grill temps around the grill, was averaging about 525*F......My captain and coke was 33*.....

Rob

How do you like your probes? Won't the wire melt while in the pit? Is the alarm loud enough? I'm tired of guessing when doing turkeys.

I'm a hero tonight. My one, and only, true love is in her Christmas candy frenzy mode tonight. She was complaining about how hard her candy thermometer was to read. It was getting her into the ballpark but she wanted precise hard ball, hard crack, etc. (I know, I didn't invent these names.) I whipped out my instant read thermapen and gave her a precise temp in 3 sec. That thermapen was money well spent.

Griff

Bob T said:
I put one on my wish list for Christmas. I was checking our "main" e-mail today, and saw an e-mail that verified an order for one in the Spam box.
I'll have to check the spam box more often!
:grin:

I can't wait to get it and give it a try. Haven't heard anyone complain yet.

You sneaky devil.

Griff

Back
Top Bottom