Suckle Busters Steak Seasoning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DATsBBQ

Head Chef
Just got a Bottle of Suckle Busters in the mail box. Due to the "blizzard" (I lived through much worse but the locals think the world is coming to an end), not many packages are being delivered these days.

Next project is to search the freezer and see if I can find a couple of steaks. And, then I'll have dig my gasser out and get to work.

The lable says Mediterranean Sea Salt, Organic Spices (that'll make the folks in these parts are most have a "O") and Natural Cane Turinado Sugar. I can smell Cumin and the finger taste test tells me it's good to go for the Mrs (no fire hot stuff for her).

I'll post a full review once the required hunks of beef are acquired. :D

I got mine too the other day. Good flavor and aroma out of the bottle. Can't wait to try it on some steaks!!

Me too...gonna put it through its paces shortly. Sure tastes good outta the jug.

bigwheel

While haven't done a steak (what's with beef prices :twisted: ) with the Sucklebusters, I have used it on burgers and shamefully, hashbrowns of all things. Great flavor, not over powering sweet which I like. What we around these parts (Colorado) would call Tex/Mex. Once my bottle is drained, I plan on buying more. Great stuff. The hippie/yuppies in Boulder would like the organic part of it which to me is just a plus. I'd even buy if it had MSG in it (not really but it sounded good). Since it's in a plastic bottle, shipping is reasonable. Gator, good stuff!

DATsBBQ said:
Just got a Bottle of Suckle Busters in the mail box. Due to the "blizzard" (I lived through much worse but the locals think the world is coming to an end), not many packages are being delivered these days.

I got mine as well works great on beef I must say , good balance of heat and sweet , my wife tried some but she cant take any heat , I like it though so I will keep in using it on my steaks thanks for the bottle.

I used some last night on my ribeye. Overall it was good. I did find that the cumin was a tad much for my taste...or perhaps I should say that the cumin was certainly an ingredient I noticed through the steak consumption.

However, it did pair nicely with the Calli Cab Sav I drank! ;)

My true bottom line is, would I spend real money on it in a store, and the answer for both me and my wife was YES!

Thanks for the sample, Gator!! 8)

Hey Greg, Thanks for the feedback - that cumin tatse would be the "Texas Style" coming through - I have considered ratchet-ing the cumin back a notch. A little cumin goes a l-o-n-g ways.

Im gonna run another test batch with the "Texas Style" tunned down a bit and see what happens...I will let you know if'n I think its gud enuff for to send out as a sample.

Another variation Im working is "Hotter than a $2 Pistol" version - several folks like a little more after-burn on their seasoning. Would that be of interest ot you?

Gator [smilie=rlp_smilie_003.gif]

gator said:
Hey Greg, Thanks for the feedback - that cumin tatse would be the "Texas Style" coming through - I have considered ratchet-ing the cumin back a notch. A little cumin goes a l-o-n-g ways.

Im gonna run another test batch with the "Texas Style" tunned down a bit and see what happens...I will let you know if'n I think its gud enuff for to send out as a sample.

Another variation Im working is "Hotter than a $2 Pistol" version - several folks like a little more after-burn on their seasoning. Would that be of interest ot you?

Gator [smilie=rlp_smilie_003.gif]

Would be to me. The burger I had last night was covered with a slice Jalapeno, so I couldn't tell if it was the pepper or the SuckleBusters that raised my body temp. :D

Back
Top Bottom