Stubb's Charcoal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
Very nice stuff!! Highly recommended. Good long burn times, no foul smells, burns hot...it's my goto along with Rancher/Trader Joe's.

I agree. I use Stubb's charcoal myself. They have it at Lowe's Home Improvement Centers. I use it for grilling.

I also have been using Frontier Hardwood lump from Lowe's in my WSM. It seems to be alright. I tried some Royal Oak instead yesterday for a couple of pork butts and it seemed to burn down a lot quicker than the Frontier. Found myself re-stoking the fire after about 6 hours into the burn. I didn't have to do that until after about 8 hours with the Frontier.

Gotcha on Stubbs. I am writing down this tidbit into whut is left of my tattered memory banks as we speak. I can store ok its the retrieval part which sometimes falters. Thanks for the review. Now if anybody ever try to trick you into using B and B Lump take a pass. That stuff kilt my grand prize winning chicken one time. The Mesquite version pops mo betta than Orville and Wilbur Reddenbacker brand. I mean the entire time it burns. I think they must throw a few railroad ties in there to make a full load at the kiln or whutever it is they use to make it. It mighty sooty. I hate to bad mouth a Tejas company but somebody needs to teach them boys how to make charcoal.

bigwheel

I have only used Stubbs once, burns good I just couldn't stand the smell of the ash. I hated cleaning my grill after I used it. A bad bag of charcoal maybe?

Back
Top Bottom