Smart Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3 Olives

Senior Cook
I finally decided to try some Smart Chicken as the other chicken at my local was semi-frozen at best. The Smart Chicken is air chilled, never frozen, and well trimmed. It doesn't have the excess water, fat, and skin like the other chicken. I put some Yardbird on it, cooked it indirectly, and sauced it with Rev. Marvin's Hot mixed with honey. This is some good chicken! Give it a try.

NewHeart said:
Interesting. What's the price penalty over the regular yardbird?

Generic leg quarters were 99 cents/lb. and Smart Chicken were $1.59/lb. I bought two 4 packs of Smart Chicken leg quarters at just over 4 lbs total. All the 4 packs of frozen/semi-frozen generic leg quarters were over 4 lbs.
The Smart Chicken sat in my fridge for over 24 hrs. and there wasn't any water in the trays. I think it's worth the extra money.

Well seems like only Brookshire Stores carries around here and the closest one is 15 miles off. I will try to grab some next time I'm over thataway. Those might be a hit with the comp cooks. Do they come as whole birds by any chance?

bigwheel said:
Well seems like only Brookshire Stores carries around here and the closest one is 15 miles off. I will try to grab some next time I'm over thataway. Those might be a hit with the comp cooks. Do they come as whole birds by any chance?

I chuckled when I read this because from where I live I have to travel 15 miles before I reach any kind of store, and that's not even my favorite :)

I can understand how you feel though.

Back
Top Bottom