New Stumps Smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bruce B":3ml9cg3a]Well, I'll tell you what, the guy who owns that is Tom Cuneo and he posts over on Basso's forum. I will send him an e-mail and ask him if it is dented. I just spoke to him the other night so, I'll let you know.

Hey Bruce that guy is Tom Cuneo, he's over on Basso's board. You should send him an e-mail and ask him if it is dented. I think you mentioned you had spoken with him hte other night. Let us know, okay? Thanks![/quote:3ml9cg3a]
I wish I would have wriiten that. =D>
You make me proud to know you. 8-[

I just didn't want to see you guys turn this into 12 pages of "dent..no dent" crap.

Reply from Tom Cuneo:

Its not dented, its like a slight warp where the welds come together i assume - you cant see the welds at all on the outside but the metal has a few imperfections :) and yes that one is mine - you can see it more at

www.smokebreakbbq.com also

Its not a dent though but more like looking into a circus mirror - no bother at all Bruce

Tom

Bruce B said:
Reply from Tom Cuneo:

Its not dented, its like a slight warp where the welds come together i assume - you cant see the welds at all on the outside but the metal has a few imperfections :) and yes that one is mine - you can see it more at

www.smokebreakbbq.com also

Its not a dent though but more like looking into a circus mirror - no bother at all Bruce

Tom
I wonder who said that might be what it was?... :-k
Oh yeah, it was me.
Finney said:
up at the very top there is something going on with the sheet metal. Could just be from welding.

2.gif

smokebreakbbq said:
I like the board, lots of info and good reads, so yes I book marked it for my daily board rounds lol ;-)

Thanks!

Tom Cuneo
If I were you, I'd poke my head in a couple of times a day ~ More than a hundred posts a day!! :eek: :eek: :!:

Hey smokebreakbbq,
I wasnt trying to stir up a hornets nest. Just saw the pic and had to ask.. Looks like a nice pit. Where do you hail from?

Greg Rempe said:
...but the Stump's do look like a great unit!

I too was impressed and I gotta tell ya' that podcast may well have sold me on a C222. Joby and Stump are the quintessential sound of American que and I love they way they make you believe in what they do. I have looked at the CookShack because I've had good luck with my cheapo electric but this is very tempting. But, I'm a little uncertain about what makes it a better way to go than say a WSM. If I go back to charcoal I need a reason and this could be it. I just don't have the space or the capacity requirements for a huge pit so this could be a fit. Thoughts form the brain trust will be valued as always.

Which reminds me, I've got Spainish lessons this afternoon. ¿Cómo es su extremo mi amigo encantador?

:beach:

Airboss said:
Greg Rempe said:
...but the Stump's do look like a great unit!

I too was impressed and I gotta tell ya' that podcast may well have sold me on a C222. Joby and Stump are the quintessential sound of American que and I love they way they make you believe in what they do. I have looked at the CookShack because I've had good luck with my cheapo electric but this is very tempting. But, I'm a little uncertain about what makes it a better way to go than say a WSM. If I go back to charcoal I need a reason and this could be it. I just don't have the space or the capacity requirements for a huge pit so this could be a fit. Thoughts form the brain trust will be valued as always.

Which reminds me, I've got Spainish lessons this afternoon. ¿Cómo es su extremo mi amigo encantador?

:beach:

If you just want the sound of American BBQ... talk to me and Rev jr. We'll sell you a real BBQ pit. (a hole in the ground) And throw in a bottle of sauce to go with it.

That Stumps does look like a well built pit. (bringing it back on topic)

Sounds like a Luau! Does that qualify as que just because a pig is involved? And what does this "gravity feed" Joby referred to mean? I can't ind reference to is on the Stumps site.

Which reminds me, I gotta get that grass skirt outa the dry cleaners. Mrs. Airboss loves it when I do my King Kamehameha routine.

Thanks for the outstanding explanation Smokebreakbbg. Clear and concise. Man, its a great concept. Do the smaller ones have this feature?

Airboss said:
Thanks for the outstanding explanation Smokebreakbbg. Clear and concise. Man, its a great concept. Do the smaller ones have this feature?

I can definitely see a Stumps in Air Boss's future!! =D>

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom