If you have won FREE SWAMP SAUCE...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been one of the lucky recipients of the sauce.

I can say that is was probably one of the best I have had this year. When we travel around I try to buy a good assortment of sauces and rubs. Out of all of them and aside from Buster Rhinos it was terrific. It soaks into the meat not on top of the meat. I like that it seems to give a depth of flavour that can be missing in many other sommercial sauces. The fact that the spices are more readily seen makes it more appealing to me. It is a nice balance between sweet, tangy, and a touch of mustard in there somewhere. It is a unique sauce that doesn't seem to fall into any of the traditional categories (tomato, vinegar, mustard) but does a great job encompassing all of them. I am really glad I had the opportunity to try it and will purchase it in the future.

Greg,

I, likewise, have been fortunate enough to win the sauce and I think it's a great sauce. It goes great with pulled pork and chicken. It has a little of everything for everybody. there's the vinegary twang, a little sweet, a little heat and a hint of mustard. It's not a thick sauce and yet it's not a thin, true vinegar sauce.

Tim is on to something here and we should support his efforts. I've gone through one bottle and just opened my second one Monday to go with some PP.

Great label on the bottle also!!

It's hard to add to what Diva and Bruce said. They're both right on. It's a darn good sauce that satisfies the sweet/vinegar compromise perfectly.

I haven't won any, but Tim and I have done some swaps for Swamp Sauce for Wolfe Rub. I'll tell ya the stuff is goog. Great on pulled pork, but very versatile.......we've simmered meatballs in it, baked pork chops in it, simmered chicken chunks mixed with bell pepper, onion and pineapple and served over rice.......the list is endless. The stuff is gooood!

I didn't win a bottle, but was sent one by Wolfe. YUMMY! I did some thighs and put the sauce on the side at the table. My friend and I kept reaching for the bottle. I ended up pouring it on the thighs and my veggies. Then sopping up the sauce with bread. Really damn good stuff there.

I bought a couple of bottles several months ago, but haven't tried it until today. Our quick supper tonight (at half time) was reheated pulled pork, Hunts original baked beans, and Margaret Holmes' seasoned collards.

My wife asked, "What's the sauce?" I told her it's one I've been meaning to try, well-liked on the board because of its balance -- sweet but not too sweet, vinegary but not too vinegary.

She tried a Swamp Sauce-d bite, looked thoughtful for a moment, and said, "It is good, not too sweet." A while later she said, "This is really good," and started reading the label. I told her a guy who posts on the board makes it. Her reply was a non-verbal expression signifying "nice." I concur. :D

--John
(Now I have 3 favorite sauces: Scott's, Head Country, and Pee Dee River Swamp Sauce. )

Swamp Sauce is great. I generally don't like "red" sauce, but this stuff has something to it. Thanks Tim and Greg. This stuff goes right next to Rev Marvin in my hidden stash of sauce. :D

Pigs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom