Hormel White Chicken Chili..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Just knocked out a can. Was astounded how good it was. Tastiest white bean type soup you ever ate with big chunks of chicken in there. Aint no indigestion yet..which is a good sign..lol. Have instructed the Warden to buy more. May supplant Beanie weenies as the married man food of choice around here. Sure it taste good right out of the can too. She was nice enough to heat this one up for some reason.

If bigwheel approves, can it be too bad? Might be worth at least one try. Having not seen any (I must admit, I haven't looked yet) I never thught to try it. One can is now on the shopping list.

BOB

Thanks fellas..always glad to help in these scientifical eating expuriments..lol. Now Hormel has another species called Roasted Tomater or something. That would gag a maggot. Dont buy that one.

Yeppers...course we'uns down here is Texicans..and all of them know that chili as intended comes from the Wolf Brand Can. Sad to say their quality is getting sick...watery..blah. They must have got bought out by the Chicoms or something. Everybody I know is moving over to Hormel for regular old chili from the can. Actually it aint been quite as good as before the Wolf died. I could give you the year but am to busy to go googling right now. Thanks.

BW you didn't mention the preparation. Did you open the can with one of those old tymie can openers and then cook it in the can directly on an open fire of mesquite and hickory? :mrgreen:

Fortunately seems like it come with a lid you just pull on the ring. Modern technology is getting astounding huh?

BW you didn't mention the preparation. Did you open the can with one of those old tymie can openers and then cook it in the can directly on an open fire of mesquite and hickory? :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom