Thin style pizza my way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
I love pizza too It's a good excuse to drink plenty of beer.
I bake pizzas directly on a pizza stone in a older oven that will heat to 750deg in bake mode, the preferated pan is only used to cut & keep warm on. I like a little pepperoni on my pizza too I got a great sicillian sauce recipe from an Italian friends Grand maw. The crust is my own recipe.
Sauce
1 28oz can San Marzano tomatoes crushed
2tbls REAL UNPASTURIZED unsalted butter
1 small yellow onion finely diced
2 cloves of garlic pressed (or as many as you like)
1 tbls fresh chopped basil
2 tbls fresh chopped oregano
1 teas fresh thyme
1/4 teas fresh ground pepper
1/4 teas salt
1/4 to 1/2 cup good italian dry red wine
saute onions in butter till clear (10min)
add wine reduce by at least 1/2 volume 1/4 is best DO NOT BOIL!!!
add garlic & herbs salt & pepper simmer for 10min.
add tomatoes & simmer for 2 to 4 hours (the longer it simmers the sweeter it be)
simmer = under 200deg AGAIN DO NOT BOIL if your stove is to hot use your oven
stir every 15min
I also add 1/4 cup diced yellow bell peppers cause I like em

crust
3 cups bread flour
1 cup simolina flour
1 package instant yeast
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 & 1/2 cups 120deg water

Mix all above in KA wit dough hook till blended about 3 min.
place dough in a oiled bowel cover with foil & refrigerate for 24 hours or up to 48 hours.
start drinkin, let dough come to room temp for 1 hour & preheat oven for 1 hour wit stone in place
cut dough into 4 peices for thin or 2 peices for a thick crust ,
roll out, dock, top, bake & eat

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/ ... age226.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/ ... _10612.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/ ... 0_1088.jpg

I take mine with some pickled japs and anchovies on it. Yum yum. Prob just use French Bread for the crust since I am a lazy boy.

bigwheel

Great looking pie there 007!!!!
2.gif

Hey Thanks guys,
Since I'm so far from Nuke York (pizza capital O da world) I gotta make my own. I also belong to pizza making . com , great site, members, recipes & technics

I have made plenty of pizzas over the last few years. I tried using San Marzano tomatoes for the first time last week and oh what a difference in the pizza sauce! It had that flavor I haven't had in a long time and have been missing.

So JB is right... I will never use Hunts or any other brand tomatoes again. Make sure they are truly San Marzano tomatoes grown in Italy, some cans will trick you "San Marzano (brand) grown in California" etc.

I recently ordered a case of San Marzano tomatoes with the official seal on it. The only issue w/ buying the true Italian tomatoes is that they come in tomato sauce instead of water (like the ones from "California" - actually I think the ones I get now are from the east coast, but regardless..). The sauce they pack them in is not really desirable to the flavor and some of the tomatoes you can get grown here have a better taste. I would experiment.

Here's an excerpt that I read on the matter:

American tomatoes are more flavorful than their Italian counterparts due to the fact that the American tomatoes are packed in water whereas by law the Italian tomatoes are packed in sauce made from inferior tomatoes. The USDA doesn't allow imported tomatoes to be packed in water. They also concluded the domestic tomatoes have more whole tomatoes per can.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom