Tavern Tenderloin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old Dave

Senior Cook
I was prepping some pork loin into some roasts and chops and decided to do a couple of good old Indiana Tavern Tenderloins. I was raised on this treat.

img_257473_0_af1f86a6d8ac3e116632b8560e27e29e.jpg

I cut a couple of 3/4 pound slices off the whole loin and then pounded them out and they were ready to be breaded.

I then rolled them around in some flour and then into my egg wash. Next step was to roll them again in some bread crumbs. Next step was to deep fry them in a large skillet in very hot lard for about 2-3 minutes.

img_257473_1_f27e6d0caa84fc7d7452ea23f999d05c.jpg

Looking good just out of the hot skillet.

img_257473_2_9d54bfa20333538ca3da4f503b5d4002.jpg

Loaded one big tenderloin up on a large bun half. I spread some mayo on the other bun half and added my lettuce, tomato, and onion.

img_257473_3_8e4647aaa55c3496959e90eea34414ed.jpg

Oh my...that is some good stuff. I will be well lubricated today!

Dang now..what a noble use for a loin...thanks..never woulda thunk of doing it like that. Cant wait to catch them on sale again. Bet that would aslso taste mighty good with some Pet milk gravy and a pile o mashed tates..lol.

That sounds great. My Mom used to make something that looked similar, but I have no idea what kind of meat she used. I do remember her pounding it thin, and I almost remember it being pork. Might have to try this your way and see how close it tastes to what I'm remembering.

This could start a new trend. They already have chicken fried steak and chicken fried chicken..never seen chicken fried pork. Somebody could make a fortune on this deal. It would need a catchy name. How about Tavern Tenderloin? Yeah thats the ticket. Yeah. If you gonna smash it up that much..person could prob use sliced butt to lower the cost per serving. I am liking the sound of this.

We do these, but we use a flour, egg, saltine cracker dredge... Over the weekend, I cut them into smaller sizes after I pounded them and served them as " Pig Fingers " for an appatizer. Served them with a blue cheese blackberry Jalipino dipping sauce, a blue cheese apricot dipping sauce and just plain blue cheese. I couldn't cook them fast enough ! The dipping sauce preference varied from person to person...

we do these, but we use a flour, egg, saltine cracker dredge... Over the weekend, i cut them into smaller sizes after i pounded them and served them as " pig fingers " for an appatizer. Served them with a blue cheese blackberry jalipino dipping sauce, a blue cheese apricot dipping sauce and just plain blue cheese. I couldn't cook them fast enough ! The dipping sauce preference varied from person to person...

wow!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom