Sliced pork sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tannehill Kid

Head Chef
I've done several boston butts and pulled them with pretty good success for a rookie. What temp would be good for a good slice pork sandwich. Also does anyone inject a boston butt when smoking and what do you inject with.

Chris Lilly's Pork Shoulder Injection

INGREDIENTS

3/4 cup apple, juice
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup salt
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

DIRECTIONS

Inject shoulder with injection solution (1/2 oz. Per pound).
Coat well with rub mixture (4 oz. Per shoulder).
Gently pat shoulder so rub will adhere.

At least 180-185 for a sliceable butt or picnic. I like to inject butts and picnics with FAB P from Joe Ames mixed according to directions but subbing out a small can of pineapple juice for an equal amount of the water called for. In my view butts aint a real good option for sliced sandwiches..too much waste..fat gristle etc. Think a mo betta option for sliced sandwiches be either loins (cooked to 145-150) or fresh picnics if you dont mind a hammy type texture. Tony Cacheries Praline Ham injection aint too bad if you looking for a sweet type flavor. That can usually be found at Academy Sports and some well stocked grocery stores. FAB P is a mail order item from the link below.

http://www.theingredientstore.com

bigwheel

Tannehill Kid said:
I've done several boston butts and pulled them with pretty good success for a rookie. What temp would be good for a good slice pork sandwich. Also does anyone inject a boston butt when smoking and what do you inject with.

indeed, in the Lexington area where they cook whole shoulders, the picnic hams are more used for slicing, and the butts for chopping.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom