Movie Star Pork Chops from Dallas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Was thumbing through People magazine last night when I stumbled over this recipe which supposedly come from some foo foo place in Big D. and is a favorite of one of the Jonas boys. Whoever that is. Don't have the trashy magazine in hand but it goes like this or similar. Made em tonight and found them very good.

4 boneless pork loin steaks (ones I had was about 3/4")
1 gallon warm water
1/2 cup salt
1/4 cup chili flakes (whut ever in the world that is I subbed out bbq rub)

Combine the spices and soak the meat in it for a few hours in the ice box. Pat dry, dust with salt and black peppa and fry 4 mins per side in a hot cast iron skillet with a little Olive Oyl.

Ps. I followed the same general game plan but doubled the number of steaks and squirted them down with Olive Oyl Pam and cooked on the gasser with hickory chips at around medium heat. Gave them 4 mins per side just like the man said. Yum yum

bigwheel

Your quite welcome sir. It is purty simple to fail to give a test. Sorta how I looked at it. Purty sure this would also help chicken too. Maybe that is how they do it at the Churascarras. Know they do a fairly quick brine in something or other. Seems like Emeril was messing around on the topic one day. .

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom