Wendy's Turkey Injection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Wendy's Turkey Injection

Injection

1/2 lb Butter

6 oz Hot Sauce-Crystal's

Garlic Juice

Onion Juice

Popcorn salt

Crab Boil

Rub

Tony Chachere's Cajun Spice Seasoning

Salt

Pepper

Directions

Melt 1/2# butter (NO SUBSTITUTES) over low heat, then add a 6 oz. bottle of Crystal's Hot Sauce (I use the Extra Hot), garlic juice, onion juice, popcorn salt(it's fine and dissolves easier) and liquid shrimp and crab boil. I taste as I go, adding more garlic juice, onion juice, or hot sauce until it's where I want it to be. You've got to keep in mind that when it is injected into the bird, it will be nowhere near as hot as it tastes, so I usually spice it up to where I can't stand it. Blow your head off level. I then let the mixture cool to room temperature. The most important thing is to avoid any solids or particles in the marinade, as they do not inject easily into the bird. That's the reason I use popcorn salt.

Meantime, I season the inside of the bird with Tony Chachere's Cajun

Spice Seasoning, Salt and Pepper. Then I lightly oil the outside of the bird and sprinkle the back side of the bird liberally with Chachere's, salt and pepper, and place it back side down on a large platter. I've got the commercial stainless injector from Cabela's, with which I then go to work injecting the bird well into the meat in many places, but always from an angle above the bird so the marinade doesn't back out.

Last, I lightly oil the breast side of the bird and sprinkle it liberally with Tony Chachere's, salt and pepper. I tuck the whole bird, on the platter, into a plastic grocery bag and refrigerate for 48-72 hours. It will kill you when you open the refrigerator, since it smells so damn good. Bring it up to room temperature before you deep fry it. Not all of the seasoning will adhere to the bird, but what does makes the skin particularly tasty. Every time I make the marinade, I add more and more hot sauce...haven't had it be too hot for anyone yet. Never had any leftovers either.

Back
Top Bottom