Turkey & Sausage Meatloaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Wife's been wanting to cut back on the red meat lately so in trying to keep peace in the home I did some looking for a recipe for a turkey meatloaf, after googling and coming up with three decent ones I took the best from all three and came up with this...It was great!!!!

Turkey/Italian Sausage Meatloaf

Ingredients

1lb ground turkey
1lb mild Italian sausage (could use turkey Italian sausage, but I didn't here)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper, small dice
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning
4-5 shakes of Worsty sauce
1 tblsp Dijon Mustard
3/4 cup of bread crumbs(plain or Italian, I used plain)
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

Directions

Add 1 tblsp of butter to a pan and a little olive oil and saute' the onions, bell pepper and garlic until just softened.

Preheat oven to 375º

In a large bowl, combine the turkey, sausage, and remaining ingredients. Mix well and form into a loaf.

Place into a 2lb, non-stick, loaf pan. I sprayed the pan with Pam before putting the loaf in.

Place in 375º oven until internal temperature of the loaf is 165º, in my oven that took 80 minutes.

Remove loaf from oven at 150º and carefully drain some of the accumulated grease from the pan, then brush the top of the loaf with the sauce of your choice. In my instance I used 1/4 cup of BBQ Sauce and 1/4 cup of ketchup.

Return the loaf to the oven until finished.

You could also do this on a smoker, it's just I was pressed for time and just threw it in the oven.

Hope you enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom