If you like Asian, try this. I have eaten it on pork and chicken. Not bad at all.
Asian BBQ Sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup chili-garlic sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or fresh ginger root, grated
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced (I use garlic powder)
red pepper flakes, to taste, optional
1. Dissolve corn starch in rice wine vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In a small sauce pan combine remaining ingredients.
3. Add corn starch and rice wine vinegar mixture and stir well.
4. Heat mixture on low/medium heat, stirring often until sauce reaches a boil and thickens.
5. Remove from heat, allow it to cool then cover it and chill it until ready to use.