The Little Bride's Grand Prize Winning Mexican Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
The Little Bride's Grand Prize Winning Mexican Casserole
* (origins and pedigree uncertain but we been eating it for 40 years.)

2 lbs ground chuck
1 onyawn chopped
1 can Campbells Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup
1 reg sized can enchilada sauce
1 flat can taco sauce
1 flat can chopped green chiles
1 large bag not too salty taurpolian chips (precooked taco shells work too the original recipe called for raw corn taurpolians and that wasnt bad)
1/2 to 3/4 big stick of Vevetter cheese
cheddar cheese if you got some

Brown off the ground meat and onywans in a big stew pot in a little oil we use peanut I think. Drain it if necessary. Add everything else cept the cheese and chips and keep it at a simmer on a low fire. Layer out your casserole dish(s) starting with a little of the goop from the stew pot..then a layer of chips..then a few finger sized sticks of cheese working your way up to the top. Break the chips up if they trying not to lay flat. Use cheddar anywhere along the way if you got some. Works well to use shredded cheddar on top too. It fits in a regular sized big casserole dish by the way. Forget the eggact size 13 x 11 maybe? Cook it in the oven till it starts bubbling and smelling good. 20-30 mins at 350 should work just fine. Real hard to screw it up at this point..less you happen to burn it..which I aint never seen.

bigwheel

Yeah yeah yeah..thats the ticket. Tuna sized can. Now if it smells like tuna around the seams of the can dont buy it of course:) Feel free to use any grade of ground cow you like. Just make mo grease to pour off..which the pooch might appreciate if you dump it on his old dry tasteless food. I also still got the wick and instructions on how to turn that stuff into an old fashioned oil fired lantern/lamp/candle using a coffee can. Don't even try to get me to give out any top secret soap making tips. Thanks.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom